By Larry Ray
Introducing the key theoretical debates, the publication examines various degrees of violence - interpersonal, institutional and collective - and assorted kinds of violence - similar to racist crime, homophobic crime and genocide. It offers readers with a succinct and finished assessment of its nature and results, and the strategies and clash resolutions inquisitive about responses to violence.
Interdisciplinary in its process, the textual content attracts on facts from sociology, criminology, primate reports and archaeology to make clear arguments in regards to the social development and innate nature of violence. attractive, wide-reaching and authorative, this is often crucial examining for college kids, teachers and researchers in sociology, criminology, social pyschology and cultural studies.
Read Online or Download Violence and Society PDF
Similar violence in society books
Attraverso una ricca analisi comparativa, il libro si interroga sui modi in cui in diversi contesti istituzionali europei si è cercato di regolare, a livello locale, le forme non-standard di occupazione, nell’intento di conciliare esigenze di flessibilità delle imprese e diritti di sicurezza dei lavoratori.
During this compelling and well timed publication, Larry Ray deals a wide-ranging and built-in account of the various manifestations of violence in society. He examines violent behaviour and its meanings in modern tradition and all through historical past. Introducing the key theoretical debates, the ebook examines varied degrees of violence - interpersonal, institutional and collective - and assorted kinds of violence - similar to racist crime, homophobic crime and genocide.
An exposition and research of the advance of propaganda, concentrating on how the advance of radio remodeled the supply and influence of propaganda and ended in using radio to incite hatred and violence.
Addressing cultural representations of women's participation within the political violence and terrorism of the Italian anni di piombo ('years of lead', c. 1969-83), this publication conceptualizes Italy's adventure of political violence in the course of these years as a sort of cultural and collective trauma.
- Representaciones de la violencia en América Latina: genealogías culturales, formas literarias y dinámicas del presente (Nexos y Diferencias. Estudios de ... de América Latina nº 44) (Spanish Edition)
- The Dynamics of Violence in Central Africa (National and Ethnic Conflict in the 21st Century)
- Radicalization: Why Some People Choose the Path of Violence
- Changements dans la violence: Essai sur la bienveillance universelle et la peur (SCIENCE HUM) (French Edition)
- Memory, Politics and Identity: Haunted by History
- Warrior Nations: The United States and Indian Peoples
Additional resources for Violence and Society
Violence and Society by Larry Ray