By Leon Anderson
- are introduced to the sociology of deviance
- learn to investigate a number of sorts of criminal deviance that contain unwilling victims—such as homicide, rape, street-level estate crime, and white-collar crime
- learn to check a number of different types of “lifestyle” and “status” deviance
- develop abilities for severe research of felony justice and social policies
total, scholars achieve an realizing of the sociology of deviance via cross-cultural comparisons, old evaluate of deviance within the united states, and up-close research of the lived event of these who're classified deviant in addition to responses to them within the U.S. today.
Read or Download Deviance: Social Constructions and Blurred Boundaries PDF
Similar violence in society books
Attraverso una ricca analisi comparativa, il libro si interroga sui modi in cui in diversi contesti istituzionali europei si è cercato di regolare, a livello locale, le forme non-standard di occupazione, nell’intento di conciliare esigenze di flessibilità delle imprese e diritti di sicurezza dei lavoratori.
During this compelling and well timed ebook, Larry Ray deals a wide-ranging and built-in account of the various manifestations of violence in society. He examines violent behaviour and its meanings in modern tradition and all through heritage. Introducing the most important theoretical debates, the ebook examines various degrees of violence - interpersonal, institutional and collective - and diversified sorts of violence - akin to racist crime, homophobic crime and genocide.
An exposition and research of the advance of propaganda, targeting how the advance of radio remodeled the supply and impression of propaganda and resulted in using radio to incite hatred and violence.
Addressing cultural representations of women's participation within the political violence and terrorism of the Italian anni di piombo ('years of lead', c. 1969-83), this ebook conceptualizes Italy's event of political violence in the course of these years as a sort of cultural and collective trauma.
- Every Twelve Seconds: Industrialized Slaughter and the Politics of Sight (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- New Approaches to Drug Policies: A Time For Change
- Zones of Conflict in Africa: Theories and Cases (Praeger Security International)
- Dare to be Kind: How Extraordinary Compassion Can Transform Our World
Extra info for Deviance: Social Constructions and Blurred Boundaries
Deviance: Social Constructions and Blurred Boundaries by Leon Anderson