By Maria Herrera-Sobek
Latino folklore includes a kaleidoscope of cultural traditions. This compelling three-volume paintings showcases its richness, complexity, and beauty.
• three hundred A–Z entries that describe the myriad issues of Latino folklore
• Contributions from unique students from around the United States
• photos, work, and records that complement and improve the essays
• a brief bibliography of advised readings accompanies each one essay
Read Online or Download Celebrating Latino Folklore: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions PDF
Similar customs & traditions books
"Rorabaugh has written a good idea out and exciting social historical past of America's nice alcoholic binge that happened among 1790 and 1830, what he phrases 'a key formative interval' in our background. .. .A pioneering paintings that illuminates part of our history which could not be overlooked in destiny experiences of America's social textile.
The murgas are troupes of performers, musicians, writers, and creators who, in the course of Montevideo's Carnival, practice at the tablados, transitority levels in-built the neighborhoods of Uruguay's capital urban every year. during the interval of Uruguay's subjection to a brutal dictatorship and within the following period of "democratization," the murgas, expected initially as renowned theater, have been reworked right into a image of social resistance, celebrated through many and perceived via others as menacing and subversive.
It was once a special time. girls wore gloves, hats and great clothes to luncheons on the Woman�s trade. Shillito�s supplied a worldly atmosphere for its consumers, whereas Mullane�s was once definitely the right position to sip and socialize. the preferred sturdy Morning exhibit radio software hosted via fascinating Bob Braun, and later Nick Clooney, used to be broadcast from McAlpin�s Tea Room.
Narrating Love and Violence is an ethnographic exploration of women’s tales from the Himalayan valley of Lahaul, within the quarter of Himachal Pradesh, India, targeting how either, love and violence emerge (or functionality) on the intersection of gender, tribe, caste, and the country in India. Himika Bhattacharya privileges the standard lives of girls marginalized via caste and tribe to teach how nation and group discourses approximately gendered violence function proxy for caste in India, hence not just upholding those social hierarchies, but in addition permitting violence.
- Living House: An Anthropology of Architecture in South-East Asia
- Il ragazzo che io fui (Ingrandimenti) (Italian Edition)
- The Gift and its Paradoxes: Beyond Mauss (Classical and Contemporary Social Theory)
- 100 Coiffes anciennes de Bretagne (Arremouludas) (French Edition)
- Embodied Food Politics (Critical Food Studies)
- Contemporary Consumption Rituals: A Research Anthology (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series)
Additional info for Celebrating Latino Folklore: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions
Celebrating Latino Folklore: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions by Maria Herrera-Sobek