By World Bank
Read Online or Download Breaking the Conflict Trap: Civil War and Development Policy (Policy Research Reports) PDF
Similar violence in society books
Attraverso una ricca analisi comparativa, il libro si interroga sui modi in cui in diversi contesti istituzionali europei si è cercato di regolare, a livello locale, le forme non-standard di occupazione, nell’intento di conciliare esigenze di flessibilità delle imprese e diritti di sicurezza dei lavoratori.
During this compelling and well timed e-book, Larry Ray deals a wide-ranging and built-in account of the various manifestations of violence in society. He examines violent behaviour and its meanings in modern tradition and all through heritage. Introducing the main theoretical debates, the booklet examines varied degrees of violence - interpersonal, institutional and collective - and diverse kinds of violence - corresponding to racist crime, homophobic crime and genocide.
An exposition and research of the advance of propaganda, concentrating on how the advance of radio reworked the supply and impression of propaganda and resulted in using radio to incite hatred and violence.
Addressing cultural representations of women's participation within the political violence and terrorism of the Italian anni di piombo ('years of lead', c. 1969-83), this e-book conceptualizes Italy's adventure of political violence in the course of these years as a kind of cultural and collective trauma.
- Framing Sexual and Domestic Violence through Language
- Girls with Guns: Firearms, Feminism, and Militarism (Framing 21st Century Social Issues)
- The Legacy of Walter Rodney in Guyana and the Caribbean
- Separatist Violence in South Asia: A comparative study (Routledge Studies in South Asian Politics)
- The Reproduction of Evil: A Clinical and Cultural Perspective (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- Violence and Civilization: Studies of Social Violence in History and Prehistory (Oxbow/Joukowsky Institute Publication)
Additional info for Breaking the Conflict Trap: Civil War and Development Policy (Policy Research Reports)
Breaking the Conflict Trap: Civil War and Development Policy (Policy Research Reports) by World Bank